Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Brazil to Remove Ethanol Tax

The Brazilian government plans to exempt fuel ethanol of certain taxes that if approved by regulators could be equivalent to 10 per cent of the pump price, the Valor Economico newspaper reported on Monday.

The government could lift the so-called PIS/Cofins taxes applied to the biofuel as soon as April, the newspaper said without saying how it acquired the information.

Valor Economico reported that the plan merely needs the signature of Energy Minister Edison Lobao, who in February said the government was considering the tax break to revive investments in the cane ethanol industry.

continue reading ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I savour, result in I discovered just what I was taking a look
for. You've ended my four day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye

my web blog - double coated dogs